adapted from worthhersalt.com
Sooooo….this week, Beau and I celebrated two years together! Yay! One of our celebrations involved a picnic and I decided to make one of his favorites: Chocolate Chip Cookies. But, I tried the in bar form and they are easy, fairly quick, and you simply cut them like brownies – yummmm!
The picnic? Well, let’s just say we got lost, then drenched as lightning surrounded the gazebo we found, but the cookie bars are delightful any time, any where. And at least for us, they made a GREAT memory!
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 cups of flour
10 T of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
½ cup of sugar
2 eggs
2 t of vanilla
½ t of baking powder
salt (about ½ t)
1 12-16 oz bag of milk chocolate chips
If you’re oven takes forever, preheat it to 325 first. Melt butter and combine it with the sugars, eggs, & vanilla until well mixed. Fold in the remaining ingredients (except chips) with a spatula.
Once you’ve got the white clumps mushed in, (yeah, I made that word up) fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread in a greased 9x13 pan, and bake like you like your brownies. (The middle should be somewhat soft, and the edges golden kissed.) It will be about 25-30 minutes.
And then! They look like this. Tada!!!
I hope they make fun memories for you, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment